Sharon provides counselling for individuals and groups, including children, adolescents, adults, couples, siblings and families.
In order to make an appointment to see Sharon, you are not required to obtain a referral unless you wish to claim through the Medicare Better Access Initiative, or if you are eligible, through the ATAPS government funded program. For Medicare and ATAPS you will need to be assessed by your GP, who will then make a referral.
Evidence Based Treatment
Sharon fulfills all Continuing Professional Development in order to apply strong research skills to ensure she delivers the most up to date evidence-based treatment approaches.
Face to Face Skype consultations are available through Skype after discussion and assessment in our session.
Areas of interest include the assessment and treatment of:
- Anxiety: fear and anxiety, generalised anxiety disorder, phobias, separation anxiety, performance anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder
- Depression: situational, clinical
- Sexual Problems
- Addictions: Gambling, Internet pornography or gaming, alcohol and drugs
- Eating Disorders: anorexia, binge eating, emotional eating and body image issues
- Self esteem and assertiveness solutions
- Anger management
- Adjustment to major life stages: separation and divorce, grief and bereavement, empty nest, change in career or employment, moving countries and financial adjustment
- Parenting skills: strategies for behaviour management and emotional difficulties
Couples and Families
- Relationship building
- Effective communication skills
- Attending to unresolved conflict
- Developing intimacy
Evidence-based therapies include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Systemic Therapy
- Emotion Focussed Therapy
- Mindfulness and Relaxation