What is expected at the first session?
- An explanation will be given about the nature and limits of confidentiality.
- The session will be in the form of a discussion which includes the process of therapy, gathering information about your history and presenting problem.
- A copy of your Mental Health Care Plan or referral should be brought to the first session if you are eligible to claim consultations with Medicare.
- Face to Face Skype consultations are available after discussion and assessment in our session.
How long does each session take?
- All sessions are between 50-60 minutes.
How do I obtain a referral?
- In order to see Sharon you are not required to obtain a referral unless you are eligible to claim through the Medicare Better Access Initiative (maximum 10 sessions per year)
- Sharon is also a preferred provider for ATAPS (maximum 12 sessions per year)
How to claim a rebate on consultation fees?
If you have a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) you will receive a receipt that allows you to immediately claim from Medicare.
If you are a member of a private health fund, you may be eligible for rebate for psychological services. Please contact your private health fund to see whether you can receive any further rebates.